This is the most popular dictionary of physics available. It contains over 3,800 entries covering all commonly encountered physics terms and concepts, as well as terms from the related fields of astronomy, astrophysics, and physical chemistry. With 200 new entries and expanded coverage in areas including applied physics, statistical distributions, polymers, and nanoscience, A Dictionary of Physics is more comprehensive than ever before. The dictionary is generously illustrated with over 120 diagrams, graphs, and tables and it also contains biographies of important scientists. Feature entries provide in-depth analysis of key topics such as crystal defects, magnetic resonance imaging, and the solar system. Three feature entries on low-temperature physics, nanophysics, and quantum entanglement are brand new to this edition. Also new to this edition are entry-level web links and a web linked appendix. These recommended web links are accessible and kept up to date via the Dictionary of Physics companion web page and provide useful and relevant extra information. Appendices include SI units, the solar system, and the electromagnetic spectrum, plus a list of Nobel Prize winners and a chronology of key dates in physics. This fully revised and updated A-Z is an ideal introduction to the subject for anyone with an interest in physics, and it remains an indispensable reference work for students of physics and physics-related subjects (either at school or at university), and professionals.Product details Paperback: 624 pages Publisher: Oxford; 6 edition (22 April 2009) Language: English ISBN-10: 0199233993 ISBN-13: 978-0199233991
- An order, once placed, can't be cancelled.
- Return and Replacement is subject to the Return Policy.
- For any other queries, do reach out to Jantacart Care at : [email protected]
- Light shipment are shipped by Ecomexpress and the minimum delivery time is 7days from the date of order processing.
- Heavy shipment are shipped by DELHIVERY/FedEx and the minimum delivery time is 10days from the date of order processing