- Furniture New
- Luxuries Hot!
Theory of Machines is a comprehensive reference book for B.E and B.Tech students from the Mechanical Engineering stream.
Theory of Machines is a book on various concepts related to mechanical engineering. It is aimed at engineering students at the undergraduate level. It is also recommended for aspirants of the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) exams.
The book begins with an introduction to the subject. This is followed by chapters on kinetics and kinematics of motion, velocity and acceleration in mechanisms, friction, gear trains, toothed gearing, dynamo-meters and brakes. Chapters on concepts like cams, rotating and reciprocating masses, transverse and longitudinal vibrations, torsional vibrations, and automatic control are also included in the book. A separate chapter is dedicated to computer-aided analysis and synthesis of mechanisms.
The concepts in the book are presented so as to be self-explanatory. Numerous examples, both solved and unsolved, are included wherever relevant to further elucidate the concepts.
2. Kinematics of Motion
3. Kinetics of Motion
4. Simple Harmonic Motion
5. Simple Mechanisms
6. Velocity in Mechanisms (Instantaneous Centre Method)
7. Velocity in Mechanisms (Relative Velocity Method)
8. Acceleration in Mechanisms
9. Mechanisms with Lower Pairs
11. Belt, Rope and Chain Drives
12. Toothed Wheels
13. Gear Trains
14. Gyroscopic Couple and Precessional Motion
15. Inertia Forces in Reciprocation Parts
16. Turning Moment Diagrams and Flywheel
17. Steam Engine Valves and Reversing Gears
19. Brakes and Dynamometers
21. Balancing of Rotating Masses
22. Balancing of Reciprocating Masses
23. Longitudinal and Transverse Vibrations
24. Torsional Vibrations
25. Computer Aided Analysis and Synthesis of Mechanisms
26. Automatic Control
|Author||R. S. Khurmi|